fbpx

Member of the Month Liz Monument

Liz Monument

Member of the Month Liz Monument

Who are you?  Hello, I’m Lizzie Monument. I started CrossFit four days after my plane landed from the UK, 17 months ago. I remember getting tangled up in a pretzel stretch after the first session, and Emily standing over me with her hands on her hips, asking me what on earth I was trying to…

Member of the Month Andrea Hickney

Who are you?  Well I’m a registered nurse and a primary school teacher. I’m currently teaching grade 3 at Surfside Primary School! Why CrossFit? I originally joined to become stronger and now I am addicted! I love coming in and doing classes, as it helps me destress from my busy job and it’s a great…

Athlete for February 2019 Olivia Miller

Who are you? I’m Olivia. I’m 21 and just graduated uni at the end of last year so I currently have too much time on my hands. I laugh at basically anything, especially myself.  Likes: dogs, beach and good food. Dislikes: cheese. Why CrossFit? I love the social side of crossfit! Coming into the gym…

Member of the month Carla Cunningham

Who are you?  I’m Carla 🙂 I’m a converted hockey player. I’ve been doing CrossFit for approximately 4 years now. Why CrossFit? There are a few reasons! I love that I can go, be challenged, see friends, and do a different workout every day. I find it works well around shift work too, it gives…

Member Of The Month Issy Carland

Who are you?  Hi, my name is Issy and I have lived in Geelong my whole life, 12 years to be exact. I am currently a year 7 student at Kardinia International College. I have always loved PE classes at school and have tried to keep active. I have always been very competitive and like…

Brett Ince

Brett Ince August Athlete of the Month

Who are you?  My name is Brett Ince,  I have grown up in Geelong and love everything our city has to offer. My partner and I love our Geelong life and the proximity we still have to Melbourne, the coast and living close to our families.  I previously worked at Tourism Geelong Bellarine focused on growing…

James Saunders Athlete of the Month for July

Who are you?  I’m James, I truly pride myself on my passion, drive and focus to better myself while trying to help the people around me. Originally from Perth 10 Years ago I decided to make Melbourne my home. Being in Bacchus Marsh with my husband for 7 years, where we have built a home, our…

CrossFit Geelong Class

The 5 misconceptions about CrossFit!

Blog, Community

1-CrossFit is dangerous One of the biggest misconceptions about CrossFit is that you are likely to get injured. Every CrossFit affiliate operates independently from one another. The majority of CrossFit coaches and affiliates run really great businesses, and they work hard to ensure that their athletes can safely get a good workout in each of…

Adam Maccora - CFG

Athlete of the Month for April

Who are you?  Hi, I’m Adam.  I have two amazing sons and I’m addicted to Crossfit Why CrossFit? After training at the gym since my teens I was becoming frustrated with constant injuries (lower back and shoulders) and lack of motivation.  I researched CrossFit in hoping to get coached on proper technique.  Wow I honestly…